Just because summer is fast disappearing in the rear-view mirror and autumn coming into clear view, it doesn’t mean that it’s time to ditch the bike and head back to the bus or tube. There are tons of physical, mental and environmental benefits to riding a bike, to help you do this, we’ve teamed up with The Wharf newspaper to bring you another fantastic competition to win a Raleigh bike plus accessories up to the value of £500.
The choice of bike and accessories* will be yours to make from Raleigh’s extensive range, developed at our HQ in Nottingham, that includes urban bikes perfect for commuting, leisure bikes for everyday use, mountain-bikes for exploring the trails, road bikes and classic ladies’ bikes
To make sure you’re seen on the roads as the nights draw in, you could also add in lights from Raleigh and choose from the selection of helmets to make sure you have the best protection.
To make sure you stay safe on the roads in autumn, here are a few tips from Raleigh to keep your bike in tip-top condition:
- Keep it clean – regularly clean off mud and salty water which, if left, will corrode the moving parts on your bike.
- Lubricate – after you’ve washed it down, lubricate the chain so that it moves smoothly.
- Service the bike – Check the brakes, gears and chain set and tweak as necessary.
- Stop the splash – there’s a lot more water on the roads in winter and if you don’t want to cover yourself in spray then fitting mudguards.
- Get a grip – tyres take the most punishment and in winter there’s nothing worse than mending a puncture at the side of a road on a cold, wet evening with frozen fingers.
*choice subject to availability and £500 prize based on recommended retail price.
To Enter, Simply Fill Out The Form and Answer The Question Below:
Terms and conditions
- Entry is open to residents of the UK except employees (and their families) of Raleigh UK, its printers and agents, the suppliers of the prizes and any other companies associated with the competitions.
- The entrant(s) must be aged 18 or over. Proof of identity and age may be required.
- Use of a false name or address will result in disqualification.
- Entries that are incomplete, illegible, indecipherable will not be valid and deemed void.
- All entries must be made directly by the person entering the competition.
- Entries made online using methods generated by a script, macro or the use of automated devices will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries lost, damaged or due to computer error in transit.
- The prize is a Raleigh bike up to the value of £500 and is subject to availability. No cash or other alternatives will be offered.
- The competition entry method is by filling in the simple form. Winners are picked at random
- The prize is subject to availability
- The promoters reserve the right to amend or alter the terms of competitions at any time and reject entries from entrants not entering into the spirit of the competition.
- In the event of a prize being unavailable, the promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 7 days of the contest closing, or are unable to comply with these terms and conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant drawn at random.
- Confirmation of the prize will be made in writing, in the form of an email to the winner.
- Failure to respond and/or provide an address for delivery, or failure to meet the eligibility requirements may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- Competitions may be modified or withdrawn at any time.
- The Promoter is Raleigh UK, Church Street, Eastwood, Nottingham, NG16 3HT
- By entering the competition, entrants are agreeing to have their details used for marketing purposes by Raleigh UK
- Raleigh will not share any details with 3rd party companies