Established in Nottingham in 1887 Raleigh is one of the world’s oldest and best-known bicycle brands. We are part of the Accell Group, a European based company, who own a collection of bicycle and accessory brands throughout Europe. Our partnership with the Accell Group allows us to share knowledge, technology and innovations between brands to deliver the best possible product for our customers.
Today Raleigh supplies the UK market with the major industry-leading bicycle brands of Raleigh, Haibike and Lapierre, as well as an exciting and extensive portfolio of accessories such as Saris, SRAM, MET and Schwalbe.
As the Head of Brands & Marketing Manager you will need to develop, maintain and implement the business development plan for our key strategic Parts & Accessories brands. You will be the driving force behind identifying, nurturing and implementing the key consumer, channel and product strategies needed to realise the full market share and sales potential for the brands for which you are responsible. Overseeing the whole brand portfolio, marketing and management of a team of Brand Managers that will implement these strategic business plans for each brand
Key Responsibilites & Accountabilities
- Define and understand key consumer groups for the brand portfolio. Work with the Market Intelligence Manager to understand the key wants and needs of these consumer groups.
- Using the above intelligence, develop and maintain detailed business plans for each of your brands which provide all touch points of the business with complete clarity of these target markets, sales potential, sources of competitive advantage and financial justification. Use these plans to develop and action annual sales and marketing plans.
- Create and successfully manage the brand product portfolio to ensure it meets the needs of our defined consumer groups. Work with your team to ensure all product information is up to date and accurate within the Raleigh UK systems. Keep all product source data up-to-date and work with Digital Content Team and Design team to ensure all customer communications are using high quality, effectively targeted and accurate data.
- Manage and implement the strategic marketing plan, in collaboration with a team of marketeers, for Raleigh’s Bike Parts business working closely with the distributed brands as well as an own brand portfolio
- Maintain a close and up-to-date understanding of the market developments with key channel customers through regular and relevant customer calls and use this to develop solutions and services that meet or predict our customers’ future needs and support achievement of channel sales targets.
- Make regular customer visits with Area/Key Account Managers in order to support implementation of distribution strategies and to assess product and brand information in the field. Evaluate all sales call results and define actions needed based on findings.
- Look for all possible opportunity for improved and increased Accell Group integration of product platforms, supply chain and stock.
- Develop & maintain a positive working relationship with key personnel within the relevant brand owners acting as the key contact in Raleigh UK Bike Parts. Make sure you are the face of the brand in the UKIE region
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales. Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators. Manage said sales and marketing plans your Marketing Manager and manage closely to ensure successful implementation
- In conjunction with the relevant sales manager review forecast information provided by the supply chain team to ensure as accurate a view as possible of future stock requirements. Report this information back to the supply chain team both proactively and via the monthly S&OP meetings. In doing so any clearance required should be kept to a minimum.
- Coach, mentor and develop your team of people within Brand Management & Marketing. Nurture a positive environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level, ideally in Business Administration or similar
- Good experience of Brand Management, Marketing and Supply Chain Optimisation
- Have managed a team of people efficiently and effectively
- Great analytical competence with the ability to work with big data and to make detailed plans
- Good technical knowledge of bicycles, associated products and the industry
- Competitive salary package plus bonus structure
- Personal Car Allowance
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory holidays for full-time employees
- Company defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Staff discount on bicycle related products including cycle to work benefits
If you feel this role is for you we would love to hear from you – please send your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing date for applications Friday 29th May 2020
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES