2019 will be an exciting year for Raleigh and the cycle industry as new products and technologies bring more and more consumers into the cycling family.
Raleigh, the most well-known UK cycle brand, is part of the Dutch-based Accell Group, currently the leading cycle and cycling accessories group in Europe. Today Raleigh supplies the UK market with the major industry-leading brands of Raleigh, Haibike and Lapierre.
As part of our drive to meet our customer expectations and demands, we are seeking to employ a Cycle Mechanic at our Eastwood HQ.
The main duties of the role consist of building consumers’ bikes and completing pre-delivery inspections, assessing and repairing returned bikes and assisting with warranty claims by ensuring customers’ bikes are returned in a safe and rideable state.
The key tasks involved are:
- Carry out the re-assembly, pre-delivery inspection and repackaging of product as required.
- Receive, assess and repair bikes returned by consumers and customers.
- Physically assess bike warranty claims from consumers and customers, and clearly communicate the results to our technical and warranty teams.
- Fully test returned batteries and electrical items before they are returned to suppliers for credits.
- Immediately report any product quality issues that arise to the quality team and assist with the development of sustainable corrective actions.
- Assess faulty and minor-damaged bikes for repair and sale.
- Utilise Bosch, E-motion, Shimano, Transx and Yamaha diagnostics software for e‑bike fault-finding and setting up.
- Maintain the stock recording system and returned product processing system.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are maintained in good working order and carry out all required safety checks at the designated intervals.
- Adhere at all times to the proscribed safe methods of working, use correct manual handling techniques and generally observe all health and safety rules and procedures.
- Ensure work areas are safe, clean, tidy and well organised.
- When operationally necessary, assist in other areas of the business.
We are looking to employ people who are passionate about bikes, take pride in producing high quality work and have an active mind capable of assessing and diagnosing problems and thinking innovatively to resolve issues and improve processes.
You will have a good technical knowledge of bicycles and bicycle maintenance and ideally a good understanding of the Raleigh UK bicycle range gained either professionally within the cycle industry or through experience as a keen amateur. A good knowledge of electrical motors and other components of e-bike systems will also be an advantage, though training will be provided.
If you have the attributes we require, then this is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to join a market leader in the cycle industry.
The role is based at our HQ and Distribution Centre at Eastwood, Nottingham.
Please apply including a full CV and stating your current salary to email@example.com
Closing Date: Tuesday, 1 October 2019
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES