How to Build
If you've just bought your new balance bike then you're going to want to get it built straight away! So we've put together a handy guide which will have it built and ready to ride in minutes. Good luck!
How to Construct Your Balance Bike
Constructing your balance bike is super easy and there’s only three steps to follow!
1. Slot the wheel into the front fork of the bike and tighten the washer and bolts so that the front wheel is securely in place.
2. Insert the handlebar on the front post and tighten well with an allen key, then adjust to the correct height for your child.
3. Insert the saddle on bike post and tighten well using an allen key, then adjust to the correct height for your child.
There might be a few extras on your balance bike; a basket, handlebar pads etc so we’ve put together how you’ll need to attach these if they come included with the bike.
This will simply slip onto the handlebars and fit perfectly.
If you’ve got one of our classic style mini bikes, you’ll likely have a basket to put on the front. This attaches to the handlebar with two straps, super simple. Just ensure they’re tight enough before your little one goes out for a ride.
Getting the height right
1. Loosen the bolt in the seat post clamp using the 5mm Allen key until the seat post can be moved.
2. Adjust the saddle height so that your child can put both feet flat on the ground when sitting on the saddle.
3. Ensure that the limit mark on the seat post is not visible.
4. Twist the saddle so that it is in line with the frame.
5. Tighten the bolt - recommended tightening torque 8Nm.
1. Loosen the bolt in the handlebar stem using the 6mm allen key until the handlebar can be removed
2. Adjust the handlebar to the desired height
3. Ensure that the limit mark on the handlebar stem is not visible.
4. Twist the handlebar so that the handlebar is set 90 degrees to the frame
5. Tighten the bolt – recommended tightening torque is 16nm.