Terms and Conditions
Marks and Spencer Competition
About the Promotion
1. This promotion is being operated by Marks and Spencer plc, Waterside House, 35 North Wharf Road, London W2 1NW (“M&S”) and Raleigh UK Ltd Church Street, Eastwood, Nottingham, NG16 3HT ("RALEIGH").
2. M&S have collaborated with RALEIGH to offer Sparks Customers the opportunity to “Win one of five Raleigh bikes worth up to €600 each”. (the "Promotion").
4. By accepting the Promotion and entering the Prize Draw on the Raleigh website, you agree to the below terms and conditions and to receive email notifications from M&S in relation to the Promotion.
5. The Promotion entitles Sparks members to enter a Prize Draw on the Raleigh website for the chance to “Win one of five Raleigh bikes worth up to €600 each”.
6. This Promotion is open only to permanent Republic of Ireland (ROI) residents who are aged 18 or over. Employees (or their relatives) of the Marks and Spencer Group of Companies (or any other company and/or agency connected with this promotion) are permitted to participate.
7. The Promotion will be available online only from 00:01 on the 12th January until 23:59 on the 26th subject to availability.
8. To enter the Promotion, Sparks Customers must click through to the Raleigh Promotional web page and enter their details on the form. Winners will be notified within 28 days of the close of the Promotion (23:59 on the 26th January 2023).
9. The total value of the products selected by the Winners must not exceed €600 (six hundred Euros). Prices of products the Winners may select from are available on the Raleigh website (www.raleigh.co.uk). Products the Winners may select include those from the Raleigh Adult and Children’s range available at (www.raleigh.co.uk) and exclude any ‘anniversary’ or limited edition, electric and cargo bikes. The Prizes and subsequent Products affiliated with the promotion will be supplied to the Winnesr through a Raleigh partner retailer in the ROI.
10. No cash or other alternative prizes are available except that in the event of circumstances outside of RALEIGH’s control whereby RALEIGH reserves the right to substitute for a similar prize of equal or greater value.
11. Unless agreed otherwise in writing by RALEIGH, the prizes will be awarded only to the five named Winners only.
12. This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
13. No purchase required. Only one use of the Promotion per Sparks Customer.
15. This Promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
16. No purchase required. Only one use of the Promotion per Sparks Customer.
18. By clicking on the link contained within your Sparks e-mail/Hub/App you acknowledge that this will re-direct you to a third-party website. M&S has no control over the availability or content of RALEIGH's website and accepts no liability or responsibility for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of RALEIGH’s website.
19. You acknowledge that RALEIGH may have separate privacy and cookies policies. M&S does not accept any responsibility or liability for such privacy and/or cookies policies and it is your responsibility to check such privacy and/or cookies policies before submitting any personal data on RALEIGH's website.
20. RALEIGH's website may contain links to other sites and resources provided by other third parties. M&S has no control over the availability or content of such other third party sites and resources and accepts no responsibility or liability for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of other third party sites or third party resources.
21. You acknowledge that any [product] purchase made in connection with the Promotion will be made on RALEIGH's website and that the end-to-end sale and purchase will be between you and RALEIGH. You acknowledge that RALEIGH will process all card transactions in accordance with its own terms and conditions, which are contained on RALEIGH's website. M&S has no involvement in the sale and purchase made in connection with the Promotion or in the processing of any card transactions with RALEIGH and M&S does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage that may arise from any product or service purchase made through RALEIGH's website in connection with the Promotion. For the avoidance of doubt, M&S does not take ownership or responsibility for any products to be supplied by RALEIGH to you.
22. You acknowledge that RALEIGH will manage all customer service enquiries, including any product/service enquiries. RALEIGH will manage all and any returns and refunds. Full details of RALEIGH's terms and conditions can be found on RALEIGH's website. For the avoidance of doubt, M&S has no involvement in any customer services enquiries, including any product/service enquiries and/or any returns and refunds and M&S does not accept any responsibility or liability for any loss or damage that may arise from any customer enquiries, including any product/service enquires and/or returns and refunds.
23. The Promotion is non-transferable, non-refundable and subject to availability. M&S makes no guarantee or representation as to RALEIGH's stock levels of the products available as part of the Promotion. There is no cash alternative.
24. M&S' obligations are limited to making the Promotion available to participating Sparks Customers. M&S shall not be liable for any financial loss arising out of the refusal, cancellation or withdrawal of the Promotion or any failure or inability of a customer to take advantage of the Promotion for any reason.
25. No responsibility will be taken for late, lost, indecipherable or misdirected emails or for any failure of communication resulting from incorrectly supplied information.
26. M&S reserves the right to check the validity of any purchase and the identity of any Sparks Customer and to refuse participation in the Promotion if M&S reasonably considers the customer to be in breach of the terms and conditions.
27. M&S reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Promotion is not capable or is likely not to be capable of being conducted fairly or as specified within these terms and conditions due to events beyond its control (including, without limitation, a virus, a computer bug or unauthorised human intervention) or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of M&S that could corrupt or affect the administration, security or normal course of the Promotion.
28. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit in any way M&S’ liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence. Subject to that, M&S shall have no liability for any delay and/or failure to perform any obligation to the customer that is caused by: (a) technical problems of any kind which may limit or prevent any person's participation in the Promotion; (b) any loss or damage arising from or in connection with the allocation of the Promotion; (c) any act or omission of any third party; or (d) any other events beyond M&S’s control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted in any way.
29. If any of these terms and conditions are found by a court or regulator to be invalid or unenforceable the other provisions shall continue to apply.
30. We will do our best to resolve any problems relating to the Promotion, except in relation to availability, performance or discounts offered, which are the responsibility of RALEIGH.
31. This Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
Tuning of electric bikes
Important; Please be aware that this bike is regulated in line with existing Electric Power Assisted Cycles regulations. Any modification to the bike will invalidate the guarantee and in particular any modification which increases the power of the motor and/or the top assisted speed of the bike may make the rider liable to prosecution. Excluding statutory obligations Raleigh will not be held responsible for any injuries incurred following any modification to this product.
We try to ensure that information on our websites is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using our websites, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the website.
Where possible we have included the bike weight within our product specifications. The weight provided is an approximation and will vary depending on the size of bike purchased as well as other factors.
By accessing www.raleigh.co.uk and the other Raleigh official websites or any of their web pages, you unconditionally agree to the terms of this Copyright Statement and as they may be modified and/or supplemented without prior notice to you. Please, check this webpage regularly for any modifications and/or supplements which may be made.
All the contents included in www.raleigh.co.uk and the other Raleigh official websites, including web pages, texts, images, pictures, videos, music, sounds, drawings, figures, logos, graphics, colours and layout (hereinafter, the “Content”) are the sole property of RALEIGH UK LTD and are protected by national and international Copyright laws and other Intellectual Property Rights. You are strictly forbidden to reproduce, publish, distribute, display, modify, create derivative work from, or exploit such Content in any way, in whole or in part, without the prior and express written consent of RALEIGH UK LTD.
RALEIGH UK LTD shall have the exclusive right to authorize or prohibit in its sole discretion any commercial use, reproduction, publication, distribution, display, modification, creation of derivative work from, or exploitation – in whole or in part – of the Content, unless otherwise indicated for stand-alone materials.
RALEIGH UK LTD shall have the right, at any time, to claim the ownership and the authorship of any Content posted on www.raleigh.co.uk and the other Raleigh official websites and to object to any use, distortion or other modification thereof.
Any reproduction, publication, distribution, display, modification, creation of derivative work from, or exploitation in any way of the Content with the express and written authorization of RALEIGH UK LTD shall be carried out by you for lawful purposes only and in compliance with all the applicable laws.
The terms and conditions shall be governed by and constructed in accordance with the laws of England and we both irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
If any part of the terms and conditions shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severable from the terms and conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining provisions of the terms and conditions.
Terms and conditions statement
By placing an order online you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out within the website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions then you may not order any products from this site.